Maria's career has focussed throughout on working directly with disadvantaged and troubled young people, and designing and delivering stimulating and highly relevant training to professionals and volunteers who share her concerns.
Qualified in Youth Work, Assessment, FE and Adult Education, Management, and Health and Social Care, she moves easily among these fields, combining wide knowledge and infectious energy with her ability to engage and inspire the professional and community groups with whom she works.
In her work as a Local Authority Training Co-ordinator, Maria has led on work with young people with difficult backgrounds including victims of abuse and sexual exploitation, implementation of a youth volunteer programme, Safeguarding, and supporting the personal development of long-term unemployed adults.
In recent years Maria has become increasingly motivated by recognition of the central importance of supporting disengaged young people in their development through assisting their recovery from early attachment issues and traumatising events.
In her personal life, Maria is the mother of two young children and also finds time to participate in a variety of outdoor and sporting activities and to work with the charitable foundation of a well-known professional rugby club in her home town.
- 2014–Present: Independent Trainer and Assessor
- 2006–Present: Training Co-ordinator, Warrington Borough Council
- 2003–2006: Project co-ordinator (working with targeted young people and offenders), Liverpool City Council
- 2000–2003: Store Manager at Phone 4 U
- BA Hons Health and Social Care, Open University, 2017
- Level 2 IAG, Warrington Collegiate, 2016
- Assessor Qualification – Level 3 TAQA, Warrington Collegiate, 2014
- ILM Level 4 Award in Management, Warrington Collegiate, 2012
- Qualification in Advanced Youth Work, St Helens College, 2010
- Certificate of Higher Education in Further and Adult Education, University of Chester, 2008